Accessing the Clever Digital Backpack
- Go to www.bostonpublicschools.org/backpack and click on “Log in as a student”
- Your child’s homeroom teacher will reach out to families to provide more detailed instruction on what to use in the Digital Backpack if we need to move our students to alternative digital learning for school closures.
- Older students log in using their BPS email and Password through “Log in with Google” while younger students with access to a webcam log in with “Clever Badge log in”
- Homeroom teachers will share email/password and badge info with families in their room. Student passwords for their BPS email is their 8-digit birthday (MMDDYYYY).
- Please note that we don’t have subscriptions to all the applications listed on the Clever homepage. You can learn more about the BPS Clever Backpack here. The BPS is already working with additional companies to secure more resources for your child during this time to ensure continuity of learning.
The city of Boston is providing additional resources across schools in BPS – we will update the website with links to those resources as they are made available.
Using the Clever Digital Backpack
- In the event of a transition to distance learning during a potential school shutdown, we ask that students use the resources listed below daily to continue their instruction at a distance.
- They should be logging into Google Classroom to work on their assignments given by the teacher
- We recommend that students structure their time on Google Classroom as they would during the school day – with structured “periods” of the day dedicated to working with as few distractions as possible. Research has shown that distance learning is most effective when there are as few disruptions to their normal schedule as possible.