Dear Blackstone Elementary School Community,
I am Ms. Shammah Daniels and I am excited to be the new principal of the Blackstone Elementary School. I have been rapidly getting acclimated to the district and school. In the next few weeks, we will have several opportunities to meet together.
I wanted to share a little information about me:
- I moved from Greenville, NC where I served as the K-8 Administrator of the Alternative Learning Program in Pitt County Schools.
- I earned my B.S. in Middle Grades Education, Social Studies and English, grades 6-9, with a minor in African-American Studies, from North Carolina State University in 1995.
- Prior to entering the administrative arena, I taught 7th grade language arts and social studies at E. B. Aycock Middle School from 1995 until 2005 when I entered into the Principal Fellows Program.
- At the end of the 2006 school year, I worked as Interim Principal Fellow at Ayden Middle School and then completed my full-time internship at A.G Cox Middle School (Pitt County) in 2006-2007.
- I earned a master’s degree in school administration and curriculum specialist degrees from East Carolina University in 2007.
- I was appointed assistant principal of Falkland Elementary in Pitt County Schools in 2007.
- In May of 2009, I completed the Leadership Program for Aspiring Principals, as presented by the Principals Executive Program. Also in 2009, I was named the Assistant Principal of the Year by the North Carolina Association of Educators.
- I was appointed principal of Falkland Elementary in 2010 and served in that role until 2017, when I began serving as K-8 Administrator of the Alternative Learning Program in Pitt County Schools.
- In 2018, I received my Education Specialist degree from North Carolina State University.
I am eager to build relationships with the community and continue the work of academic achievement. I am ready to lead and serve!
Principal, Blackstone Elementary